Available as Digital Download (320kbps MP3) and CD.
Following on from their legendary and award winning (MOJO magazine compilation of the year) ‘A MONSTROUS PSYCHEDELIC BUBBLE (Exploding In Your Mind)’ DJ series, The Amorphous Androgynous have started a parallel series called MONSTROUS BUBBLE SOUNDTRACKS which aims to explore groovy sub genres of the MPB concept, but rather than DJ/compile, they write and produce all the material themselves in a classic soundtrack vein. The first one is THE CARTEL which is a study of psychsploitation (where psychedelia meets blaxploitation) and traces the lineage from LALO SCHIFRIN, QUINCY JONES, CURTIS MAYFIELD, JOHN BARRY, ENNIO MORRICONE through to OCEANS 12.
Aided and abetted by a stellar cast including Noel Gallagher himself on bass and guitar plus RAVEN BUSH (of fast upcoming Canterbury folk psych band SYD ARTHUR) on violin plus the Amorphous Androgynous themselves (both as producers and band) adding all manner of sonic delights centred round a core collective of hammond/drums/violin/harp/flute/guitar/bass/brass and vibraphone…The Cartel comes in two volumes with a third volume of remixes & reworkings from a whole host of invited guests and artists/producers to follow thereafter.
- 01 – The Wasp (4:23)
- 02 – The Bug (3:08)
- 03 – Banksters (3:47)
- 04 – Regrets And Last Respects (4:25)
- 05 – The Chase (3:08)
- 06 – Hide And Speak (3:01)
- 07 – Loaded Silence (Part 1) (0:24)
- 08 – The Plaza Heist (2:58)
- 09 – Eyes And Ears To The Ground (2:17)
- 10 – The First Billion Is The Hardest (2:54)
- 11 – Where Does The Evil Go When Evil Men Die (2:52)
- 12 – Radio Breakdown (3:24)
- 13 – Taken Delivery (1:04)
- 14 – The Harry Limescale Theme (0:27)
- 15 – Down The Memory Hole (5:16)
- 16 – The Rat (1:17)
- 17 – Never Trust A Grass (3:37)